Saturday, September 13, 2008

6 months and sitting up, almost!





Rooney has been here on earth for half of a year! I cant believe how much she has grown! At her 6 month well child appointment she weighed 17 lbs and is 28 inches! She is growing like a weed. Rooney has now started to sit up on her own but every now and then she may fall over. Sloan sings this song, Tim Totty, Tim Totty all head and no body. Not funny but it kind of is!

Not only is she sitting up but she has started on table food. We have introduced bananas, apples, avocado and yams and she seems to like the apples and yams that best. I just think its because she is now getting the hang of food in her mouth. We are taking it slow, no need to rush. I also plan on making her food, organic of course....I know I cant even boil water but so far so good. We want Rooney to have the best possible start and not have Sloan and my pallet. No processed food for her!

2 comments:

mares-e-dotes said...

Silas is finally outgrowing Roon!
He was 18lbs and 8oz for his 9mo! So, those pics are so beautiful. She is turning into such a lovely little lady! So grown up!

Good for you for making her food...I hope you find it enjoyable. I just asked Thadd yesterday to remind me with future children, of how much I love-and it's not that tough- to make their food. Let's talk soon, I miss you and you are only ten feet away!

Anonymous said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!
She is getting so big and changing so much! Time goes too fast!